MULTISENSE. MULTISENSOR SYSTEM (ELECTRONIC TONGUE) FOR QUALITY CONTROL IN THE FOOD AND BEVERAGE INDUSTRY.
What we offer:
Nowadays, ensuring reproducibility of the quality of products is an essential goal in the food and beverage industry. Multisense is a great tool for this purpose.
Multisense is an analytical system based on an array of (bio)chemical microsensors (chip) with different cross-selectivity and has application in the study of liquid and semisolid products (wine, milk, broths, sauces, juices, yogurt, ice cream, beer, cheese, soda, water, ...).
The use of Multisense allows:
1.- Quantification of different physical and chemical parameters: ORP, pH, ionic conductivity, ions, temperature, dissolved oxygen, volatile acidity, glycerol, colour intensity.
2.- Providing necessary conclusions with great value for quality control in food industry. Examples:
- Information obtained by sensory panels (organoleptic characteristics).
- Evaluation of the useful life of the products.
- Development of new products.
- Check the raw materials (identification, variability of their characteristics, detection of fraud).
- Confirmation by continuous measurement of proper production of intermediates and final product.
The system is portable, provides results in real time, and is capable of continuous measurement during production processes.
What we are looking for:
Multisense has been validated in the food industry (pre-cooked broth, wine and mineral water):
- Classification of broth according to their taste, brand, or date of production batch.
- Classification of wines according to grape variety, vintage year, or origin.
- Classification of mineral water brands.
Presently GTQ is looking for instrumentation companies, engineering companies, manufacturers of production lines, or possible end users (food and beverage industry) interested in participating in the development of Multisense to create a commercial product.
- Food processing and preserving
- Manufacture of food and beverage
- Manufacture of machinery for food and beverage
- Drink Technology
- Food Technology
- Detection and Analysis methods
- Food Microbiology/Toxicology/Quality Control
- Safe production methods
- Commercial Agreement
- Technical Co-operation
- Research Co-operation/ FP7 Project
- Manufacturing Agreement