Optimization of resources used in the life cycle of agrofood products, from the supply of raw ingredients o processing, to packaging, distribution, retail, consumption and waste management.
What we offer:
We offer expertise in the fields of agrifood products packaging design, new tools and technology trends research and its applications to make agrofood product life cycle more sustainable. We can provide expertise on Life Cycle Assessment and optimization of resources used for the production, use and discard of the agrofood product in order to maximize the companies’ competitiveness and minimize the environmental impact. Through eco-design it is possible to reduce CO2 emissions, water and energy use related to the fabrication of the product, its transportation and the management of the waste after it is consumed.
It is worth to mention our experience in:
• Industry Strategic Planning and cluster boost policies proposals for creative industries and consumer-goods / design-based products industries.
• Clusters programs development and implementation for competitiveness improvement through design management systems.
• Co-creation methodologies development for social innovation and product/interior/service design.
• Ecodesign: development and implementation of strategies for optimizing the use of resources and minimizing environmental impact.
• Training programs in consumer and design trends, trends research methodologies, ecodesign and co-creation.
What we are looking for:
We are searching partners to set consortium and present a proposal to the upcoming 2013 KBBE Programme, who want to take the lead in a project to increase competitiveness of food producers and food equipment manufacturers while meeting sustainability requirements.
We are looking for partners that can provide technical experience regarding optimization of water and energy use in the food processing process in the different stages: supply of raw ingredients (transformation and cleaning), packaging, warehousing, distribution-transportation, retail (management in the point of purchase) and household handling, consumption and waste management of food products.
The focus of the tentative project would be in researching for reducing the water and energy consumption associated to the agrofood industry, while at the same time assuring sustainable economic growth and meeting the desirable safety and hygiene levels asked to the products by consumers.
The partner should be in disposition to lead an FP-7 proposal and preferably have experience in the management of consortium and writing of proposals for European funding. And provide the capacity to bring to the consortium other countries’ partners that may add value to a tentative research project on food quality and authenticity.
- Fishing and aquaculture
- Agents involved in the sale of food and beverages
- Functional Food (nutraceuticals)/ Enriches (vitamins, minerals)
- Tracability of food
- Nutrition and Health
- environmental impacts and total food chain
- Technical Co-operation
- Research Co-operation/ FP7 Project