RESEARCH PUBLIC- PRIVATE
What we offer:
CIAOVE: Checks are made as integral control of the quality of the fruit, varietal studies, determination of susceptibility to physiological disorders. .
SACC: Laboratory of Cereals and Oilseeds Quality: Laboratory of physical-chemical and microbiological testing of grain and oilseeds, are offering a comprehensive service, quality analysis and reliability.The services offered includes quality of grains (Wheat, Rice, Corn, Barley, ....) and rheological analysis and baking quality of flour or semolinas.
LABORATORY OF “PLANT BREEDING & MOLECULAR BIOLOGY”
Development of current topics in horticultural crops using molecular markers:
Breeding and genetics in agronomic and horticultural crops (wheat, fruit trees, Grapevine, vegetable crops, citrus,etc.).
Selection, multiplication and conservation of plant material.
Development of cultivars with high quality value that will benefit consumers with health-promoting properties.
Molecular characterization and diversity analysis of traditional germplasm and ancient varieties
Identification and characterization of genes involved in biotic stresses.
Genotyping analysis (SSR, SNP, specific markers, etc.).
Association Mapping: Association studies combining molecular and biochemical analysis.
- Sequencing analysis.
- Characterization on fruit quality parameters (firmness, acidity, soluble solid content) and phytochemical constituents (Vitamin C, antioxidant capacity).
- Mapping and development of molecular markers for candidate genes conferring high quality parameters (phenolic compounds, vitamin C and sugar content).
- Isolation, identification and quantification of the volatile compounds and its relation with the main quality parameters.
- Study of relationships among agronomic and fruit quality parameters, including qualitative pomological traits linked to the fruit quality.
- Marker assisted selection (MAS) and identification of QTLs and candidate genes involved in agronomical and fruit quality traits.
CIAOVE: Among the services offered in addition to the basic quality measurements and determination of phytonutrients, it features an advanced on-demand service as certification that the fruit meet the required quality parameters, Evaluation of physiological disorders, Business Valuation Variety, Quality Postharvest integral or expert advice.
New product development research: minimally processing (fresh cut) and IV
gamme and V Gamme
- Design of modified atmosphere packaging systems. Development in the
active packaging of fruits and vegetables.
What we are looking for:
PARTNERS TO R&D&I Project
- Crop and animal production
- Food processing and preserving
- Functional Food (nutraceuticals)/ Enriches (vitamins, minerals)
- Food Packaging/Handling
- Food Technology
- Detection and Analysis methods
- Food Microbiology/Toxicology/Quality Control
- Safe production methods
- Tracability of food
- Nutrition and Health
- Research Co-operation/ FP7 Project