List of participantsback to list
PG GRACIA 44, 3
IRTA is a public research institution attached to the Department of Agriculture of the regional Government of Catalonia,
IRTA's mission is to contribute to modernising, improving, boosting competitiveness, and fostering sustainable development in the sectors of agriculture and food production.
All these sectors are covered by our 5 areas in which our scientific structure is divided: Animal production (including aquaculture) Plant production Food technology Rural economics Environment and global change
Other areas of activity are those that are directly or indirectly related to the supply of healthy, high-quality food to end consumers, food safety and safe processing enhancing the health and well-being of the population.
During the year of 2011 IRTA mobilised a total sum of resources of the order of US$60M and counts with a total staff of 800+ people (214 researchers)
back to list
Advanced Research, Development and Innovation in food technology.
What we offer:
Food technology: Food Engineering, Process Improvement and New Processing Technologies.
Product quality: R&D activities on the evaluation of meat quality from a technological, nutritional, sensory and social point of view with regard to genetics, food, pre and post mortem treatment of meat and fish.
Food safety: safe shelf life, improving detection techniques of food pathogens, microorganisms, residues and chemical contaminants. Microbial ecology in foodstuffs and in the study of biomarkers in animal tissues. Study of the effect of new processing and conservation technologies
Functionality and nutrition: development of ingredients and bioactive compounds improving the nutritional and technological quality of food.
What we are looking for:
contractual research with companies belonging to any sector related to food and/or primary production.
Patent licensing. technology transfer, joint ventures for the development of products and procesess. shared risk initiatives.
- Crop and animal production
- Fishing and aquaculture
- Food processing and preserving
- Manufacture of food and beverage
- Agents involved in the sale of food and beverages
- Wholesale of food and beverages
- Manufacture of machinery for food and beverage
- Food and beverage service activities
- Agriculture Machinery/Technology
- Fish/Fisheries/Fishing Technology
- Drink Technology
- Technological additives. Enzymes
- Functional Food (nutraceuticals)/ Enriches (vitamins, minerals)
- Food Packaging/Handling
- Food Technology
- Detection and Analysis methods
- Food Microbiology/Toxicology/Quality Control
- Safe production methods
- Tracability of food
- Nutrition and Health
- Enzymology/Protein Engineering/Fermentation
- In vitro Testing, Trials
- environmental impacts and total food chain
- Commercial Agreement
- Technical Co-operation
- Research Co-operation/ FP7 Project
- Manufacturing Agreement
- Licence Agreement
Mr Eliecer LOPEZ JIMENEZ
Dir. Desarrollo Invest.
Ms Mireia MOLINS
R+D Business Deployment - Food